The Fuerte Wave Classic event is an independent event which objective is purely the promotion of the sport of windsurfing, the riders and the island of Fuerteventura as a Windsurfing destination.
How does it work:
* 4 teams of 4 riders each. The riders are a mixture of pro riders, young promises and local talent.
* With four heats per round (of around 30 minutes each) each round can be completed in two hours and the action is guaranteed.
* Each rider will get points and these points will be added to each riders team. At the end, the Team with more points is the winner ;-)
* There are no eliminations, every rider sails each round.
* The riders judge themselves. Before every round we do a draw to form the heats.
* Each heat will be made of one rider from each team. There will be an independent Head Judge to oversee the procedure.
The sequence of heats is:
Heat 1 ---- Judged by heat 3, heat 2 will be getting ready to go in the water.
Heat 2 ---- Judged by heat 4, heat 3 will be getting ready to go in the water.
Heat 3 ---- Judged by heat 1, heat 4 will be getting ready to go in the water.
Heat 4 ---- Judged by heat 2, heat 2 will have been finished by now.
* If conditions are not suitable for competition we will launch expression sessions as soon as there is a little wind.....